Have you ever put on (what I call) your first shorts of summer and quickly realized your legs look pasty and dry? Have you ever discovered bruises on your legs and can't remember how it happened? Have you ever had to shave your legs without water? I'm going to take a wild guess that your answered yes to at least one of these leg scenarios! This is the blog post for you!
I first discovered leg makeup when I worked at ULTA in college. I was on the hunt for something to help cover some major bruises I got after I took a nasty spill while jogging. My sister's wedding was just a week away and I was the Maid of Honor. The last thing I wanted was everyone to look at pictures of the bridal party standing at the alter with the beautiful bride and happy groom and zoom down to notice my mangled legs. It needed to be covered fast. It was in this desperation that I found Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. It saved me and it has become one of my go-to beauty products.
Leg makeup is a true Hollywood secret for many celebs. Think back to Angelina Jolie on the red carpet when she flashed that leg. Remember how much press that got? Did you see any bruises? Nope. Or when Kate Middleton made people chatter when she wore nude panty hose. Why did she wear them? Because they made her legs look thin. You can even contour your legs to add definition just like you do with your face.The major bonus with leg makeup is it makes your legs look tanned and smooth so they look thinner while covering up any imperfections!
I want to share some of my favorite leg products just in case you find yourself in a 911 leg situation, too!
1. CoverGirl Lipslicks Smoochies in Make it Sparkle: Fun little gloss to wear during any 911 leg situation!
2. Essie Nail Polish in Geranium: This is one of my favorite Essie colors for my toes! It's a perfect orange-red.
3. EOS Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss: I am currently obsessed with this shave cream. It has a light vanilla smell, tons of moisture, and my favorite part is you can use it wet or dry! Plus it helps to prevent razor bumps.
4. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Smooth-on in Medium: I actually prefer the smooth-on better than the spray-on. It is so easy to use, covers everything, and is water and transfer resistant. I like the fact that it's easy to build coverage. The BEST!
5. Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Malibu Smooth Body Scrub: I will always be a fan of B&B Works! This is my favorite body scrub in beauty land. It has algae extract and Vitamin E to soften skin. Plus, I really like the walnut shells that give my legs a physical exfoliation. Smells like summer in the shower!
6. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Spray-on: This is the original one that I started using a few years ago. You spray the formula onto your hands and then apply directly to legs. Use your palms to evenly distribute the product so you don't have streaking. Great product!
7. Jergens BB Body: Yep, BB creams have gone body! This is a really light coverage for the legs. I use this daily when I'm on the go and want to even out any discoloration on my legs. Use it like your daily lotion.
8. Gillette & Olay Razor: This is my favorite razor (I've used them all). I like that it has the Olay skincare strips on the top and bottom of the razor to help moisturize my legs!
9. Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Super Rich Body Cream: Rich lotion that has Shea, Vitamin E, and Macadamia Nut Oil. Works well for my dry skin!
I've tried so many different leg and body makeup products from different lines. I always find myself going back to Sally Hansen simply because it works the best, is readily available to buy at any drugstore, and you can't beat the price!
Have a sexy legs summer!