Back to School Beauty
There aren't enough words to express my gratitude for all the wonderful teachers I've had in my life. Teachers help shape the next generation of people and they're so valued and loved. In honor of this back to school season, I want to introduce you to Jennifer. She is an amazing high school teacher who is passionate about education. One conversation with her about her students and you'll learn how dedicated she is to her profession! She glows with pride and excitement. Bring on the new school year and some back to school beauty!
I wanted to create a look for Jennifer that would be quick & easy for her to re-create in the busy mornings and that would help even out her skin tone. Jennifer has rosacea, an inflammatory skin condition that causes facial redness, small dialed blood vessels, and small red bumps. It is a common skin condition and flare ups can be triggered by a number of factors including: spicy food, alcohol, temperature extremes, sunlight or wind, exercise, and/or cosmetics. Rosacea can be improved and kept from worsening using specific ingredients like mandelic acid, omega's and there healing, calming formulations. If you have sensitive skin or rosacea, come see us! We have a treatment and regimen for you!
I believe, it's always important to create a look that is not overwhelming, enhances someone's natural beauty, and helps translate the person's inner glow. I feel like we did that with Jennifer!
Here's what I used to create Jennifer's gorgeous back to school skin and makeup look:
1. Skin prep: On cleansed skin, I used 2 drops of Rhonda Allison Rosacea Serum and 1 pump of Rhonda Allison Exotica Rhodiola as a moisturizer. Both are great products to calm the appearance of irritations while reliving redness and burning.
2. Foundation: Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Foundation - I love this foundation because the cooling aloe helps bring relief to redness while hyaluronic acid binds moisture to the skin. Perfect for anyone who has reactive skin and is looking for a foundation that has skin benefits.
3. Concealer: Benefit Boi-ing Concealer is my go-to concealer. I love the full coverage and brightening undertones.
4. Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil is a great tool to create structured brows. The goal is to create natural looking brows that aren't overdone. This will help shape and define the face.
5. Eyeshadow: Tartelette in Bloom Palette. If you invest in one eyeshadow palette this season, try this one! These shadows are formulated without mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, and gluten. They glide on so smoothly and have amazing color pay-off. Perfect colors for back to school and fall.
6. Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush & Tarte Park Ave Princess Chisel Palette. Don't forget to add blush and bronzer. It's one step that will add color & dimension to your face and it helps balance eyeshadow color and lip color. Apply bronzer in a "3" and an "E" motion starting at the hairline, over the cheek bone, and ending on the chin line. Bronzer will add warmth back to your skin after foundation.
7. Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise in Black. I always feel naked without mascara, add 1 - 2 coats in the morning to complete your look.
8. Lipstick: Chanel Rouge Hydrating lip color in Michele. Great color for everyday and very hydrating!
9. Setting spray - Set you r makeup with Rhonda Allison Cucumber Spritz. It provides skin with moisture and hydration for a quick pick-me-up during the day. Smells amazing, too!
Special thanks to Jennifer for sharing her skin journey and for making a difference every single day as a teacher. You are beautiful inside and it shows on the outside!
Thank you so much for reading and for following The Lovely Blog.