Hey, lovely! You look tired.
Have you ever heard these awful words... "You look tired!" or my personal favorite, "Are you feeling sick?". Ugh! There have been days when I've reached deep (very deep) into my bag of magic makeup tricks to pull-off some sort of look. From late nights with my little guys to early mornings and everything in between here are a few tricks I've learned along the way! Your welcome.
1. Remove last night's makeup: If you accidentally fell asleep with makeup on (it's happened to the best of us) or you didn't have enough strength to properly remove all of it, be sure to use a makeup remover in the morning and clean any excess.
2. Use a deep cleansing face wash: Deep cleansing your skin is a great way to brighten your face. Make sure you use a cleanser that exfoliates as well.
3. Use eye cream with caffeine: Find a good eye cream that helps to reduce puffiness. This is key in helping to minimize the appearance of dark circles, too.
4. Moisturizer with SPF: On days when I don't have a lot of time to get ready, I use a mosturizer with SPF. This saves me one extra step! Never leave home without sunscreen on.
5. Apply a BB cream: I love using BB cream on busy days in lieu of foundation. It's quick, easy, and gives a bit of coverage that evens out my skintone.
6. Concealer goggles: Yep. Concealer goggles. Best way to explain this is to have you invision yourself skiiing (or swimming) and wearing goggles. You'll want to put concealer under and around your eyes in the shape of goggles. Use this when you need major help in the dark circles department. And don't forget to blend.
7. Apply blush: A little bit of color goes a long way.
8. Apply mascara: Never leave home without it. Mascara gives your eyes definition. Apply two coats if you can.
9. Apply winged out eye liner: This is one makeup trick that pulls my entire look together. It makes it seem like I spend way longer on my makeup than I actually did.
10. Wear your favorite gloss: I've always been a huge fan of gloss. It's simple and pretty. No lip liner needed. Win.
11. Don't forget dry shampoo: If you've been reading this blog, you know my love for dry shampoo. It's a real game changer when you are between washes.
I hope these tips come in handy (think: concealer goggles). I've done my job if you are able to hit snooze and get a few extra minutes of sleep knowing that you pull-off a quick makeup look.
p.s. - I've promised myself this Memorial Day weekend is all about rest and relaxation. We all need a Holiday (thank you Madonna for that anthem) to kickback, let our ponytails loose and watch the clouds roll by. Summer 2014 here we come!