Lovelies: After the master class, Studio Gear held a huge makeup event. I stayed after the class to answering questions and to offering beauty tips and techniques. Out of the people I met, the two that stood out the most were this lovely gal and her mother. Her main concern was the fact that she was a busy mom and didn't have time (or energy) to commit to a full makeup routine. Here are some of my tips for Mommie Makeup.
- No Matter What, Don't Forget About Your Skin: It's easy to neglect your skin when you barely have any time for yourself. But make it a point to care for your skin no matter what. Meaning, wash your face at night, use hydrating moisturizer, and don't forget SPF. You will thank yourself later, I promise.
- Keep Makeup Simple: Opt for easy to use foundations like BB or CC creams. Foundations that are going to even out skintone and can be applied quick and easy. Plus these new generation of foundations are error proof.
- Don't Skip the Concealer: Find a concealers that also acts as a highlighter. This will help to soften dark circles and create the illusion of a rested eye.
- Multitaking Products for a Mulittasking Mommie: Get more out of your products. Try using a blush that can also be used as a lip color. Or a eyeshadow stick that can also serve as a eyeliner. Every minutes counts!
- Don't Underestimate the Power of Color: Every now and then mix-it-up by adding in a bright lip. There are no rules that say mommies can't wear red lipstick! Just look how good it looks on her!