Beautiful: Over the years, I have met so many people. Each person I meet has a unique story. They each have something special that defines who they are. I believe that makeup should be used as a medium to celebrate what defines you. In my opinion, makeup should help to tell a visual story. Maybe it's your wedding day, and you are so excited and in love. I would translate those feelings with makeup by giving you a beautiful look that was fresh-faced, with bright eyes, and glowing skin to reflect that. Maybe you are in Las Vegas to have an girls weekend and are ready to have some fun! I would focus on a makeup look that is bold, gorgeous, and sexy. I would try cat eyeliner, tons of lashes, and red lips. Whatever you are feeling, let makeup tell your unique story! I know it's beautiful!
Gorgeous: It was in 2006 that I learned the true meaning of unique beauty. I was in Las Vegas (wearing cat eyeliner, tons of lashes, and red lips) on a girls weekend trip. We thought it would be fun to do something retro-inspired for our trip. You know, classic Vegas. So, we decided to go see Liza Minnelli in concert at the Luxor Hotel. We had no idea what to expect. Then, the lights dimmed, and there she was, at 60-years-old, standing on-stage wearing an all black sequin dress, donning short black pixie hair, with tons of lashes, and bold red lips. Liza was absolutely gorgeous! The band started playing and she was transformed. The dancing, the singing, the story telling, the iconic makeup, we were in awe! During that trip I realized that our unique beauty is what defines us. Liza was a living example. She is a born performer and her makeup reflects that, it's bold, dramatic, and fun. That night in Vegas, she really sparkled!
Makeup: In honor of the icon, Liza Minnelli, I thought it would be appropriate to share Top 5 Eyeconic Mascaras. Be bold, like Liza!
1. Bare Escentuals Buxom Mascara...$18 (image sephora.com). Details: Intense volume, does not clump or smudge. Love that it contains no parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, or phthalates.
2. Chanel Inimitable Mascara...$30 (image neimanmarcus.com). Detials: Does it all! Volume, length, curl, seperation. Available in 2 shades Noir (black) and Brun (brown). Contains a special Pro Vitamin B5 complex that hydrates and conditions lashes.
3. Benefit They're Real Mascara...$23.00 (image ulta.com). Details: Lengthens, curls, lifts, seperates. Interesting mascara wand specially designed with a domed tip to get even the tiniest lashes.
4. Dior Show Black Out Mascara...$25 (image sephora.com). Details: Intense kohl-black color that promises high volume and long lashes. An addition to the original cult favorite Dior Show.
5. Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara...$29.50 (image macys.com). Details: High definiton, amplifying mascara, that contains plant extracts that regenerates lashes in 4 weeks to help decreases lash fallout and strenghten lashes.
Best eye makeup remover: philosophy just release me dual phase oil-free eye makeup remover...$18 (image philosophy.com), Details: Natural aloe, chamomile, cucumber extracts, soothing essentials cool and calm the skin. Easily removes waterproof mascara! Works like a dream!
Do something lovely: Take some time for your lovely unique self and discover Liza Minnelli (if you haven't already). I promise you will not be disappointed. I would recommend watching either Cabaret or Liza with a Z. If you ever have the opportunity to see her live in concert, I would. You may be the youngest one there but it will be so much fun! She is dramatic, over the top, and uniquely beautiful. A good reminder every now and then to be bold. She loves what she does and it shows!
Special thanks to my Female Rat Pack that accompanied me to Las Vegas all those years ago. Thank you for going along with my crazy retro-Vegas idea and eating at the oldest steakhouse in Vegas (Golden Steer) and renting a Cadillac just to drive it down Las Vegas Blvd. (1.2 miles from our hotel to Luxor). I learned what defines real beauty on this trip. It is one of my most treasured memories. Thank you, dolls!