Beautiful: Being smart is beautiful. As I waited in the long, never ending line on Tuesday to cast my vote for President, I couldn't help but notice how many women were at the polling station. Women of all sizes, colors and ages prepared to let their voices be heard by exercising their civil liberty. At that moment, I was proud to be a woman and an American. I couldn't even imagine not having the right to vote. I am grateful that we live in a country where wearing makeup isn't against the law. I feel fortunate that I was able to go to college and start a small business. To all the women that came before, I am forever indebted to you.
Gorgeous: I remember the day I learned about the Three Branches of Government in my Social Studies class. I distinctly remember feeling very overwhelmed and stressed. When I got home from school I told my sister Toni (who is two years younger than me) about my day. She quickly grabbed a pencil and a notebook and started to explain everything in a way I understood. How did she know this? She was just a kid. Toni is gorgeous and smart. She always has been. On the day she called to tell me that she was offered a position to work at The White House, I cried. I cried because I was so proud to see a smart, gorgeous woman so eager to make change! Toni for President in 2020!
Makeup: In honor of celebrating smart women, I put together a few of clever beauty buys. These are products for under $15. Pretty genius!
1. Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate #14...$4.92 at drugstore.com. Details: This is a super creamy lipstick in a perfect nude color. I would also try #11. It's a great red lipstick to add to your collection. At this price grab two!
2. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Quenched...$3.99 at ULTA. Details: This ultra moisturizing SPF 20 lip balm comes in 6 different flavors. Two out of the six do not have a color tint (Quenched and Peppermint). The others are Peach Kiss, Grape Vine, Cherry Me & Pink Punch. Love these!
3. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer...$12.99 at Target. Details: For the cost, this primer does the trick. Helps minimize pores, helps foundation stay on longer, goes on smooth.
4. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum...$7.99 at ULTA. Details: Lightweight like a powder but melts into the skin like a cream. Comes in 10 shades. It really has a bouncy feeling! You'll have to try it to see what I mean. Very cool!
5. Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black...$9.99 at ULTA. Details: For a drug store gel liner this is my favorite. I like the fact that it's smudgeproof and waterproof. It also comes with a eyeliner brush for application precision. Don't forget to buy it in Brown for times when you want a less dramatic look!
6. L'Oreal Studio Secrets MagicLumi Concealer...$12.99 at Target. Details: This magic wand instantly enhances and conceals with a subtle glow. Has a semi-powdery finish. You can also use it as a highlighter!
7. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black...$7.49 at ULTA. Details: One of my all time favorite mascaras. Get bold, dramatic lashes that's suitable for sensitive eyes. Also, try it in Carbon Black for intense lash color!
Do something lovely: Mark your lovely calendars for another American rite of passage that is coming up on February 3, 2013...the Super Bowl. I just read that the lovely Beyonce will be performing during the half-time show. Wouldn't it be fun to host a Super Bowl party for just us gals called Martinis with Tebow? After all, Who Run the World? Girls! http://vimeo.com/24048828
Special thanks to my sister Toni for teaching me about the Three Branches of Government. If I would have never passed that quiz, it may have altered my destiny. Then, who would have recommended a power red lipstick (Nars Shanghai Express) on your first day of work at The White House? You got my vote!